Friday, August 31, 2012
1. Suave keratin heat defense leave in conditioner (I'm actually loving all of the items in the keratin line but its been along time since I've found a leave in that I really love)
2. Organix Moroccan Argan oil body lotion- I got this on a buy one get one free sale at Walgreens and had 2 $2 off coupons so I almost paid nothing for it and it has been amazing! I will certainly repurchase this when I am out. It is hydrating but not so thick where you feel like you stick to everything.
3. Rusk thermal shine spray- I have been just scrunching my hair alot this month because it is so hot out I hate to turn the blow dryer on and this shine spray has really helped my hair even with products in it look shiny and healthy. LOVE
4. Boscia makeup breakup cool cleansing oil- I cannot say enough good things about this product. It is SO easy to use, glides on so smooth and rinses off really easily. Best of all it hasn't made my oily skin break out (always a huge plus for me!)
5. I hate mentioning limited edition products but these you might still able to find at your local MAC counter or online so I certainly wanted to let you know about them. the Hidden Treasure and Supercontinental blushes from the latest MAC collection are awesome. They are no super frosty or dry like some other MAC blushes and just look gorgeous when applied. RUN out and get these if you can still find them- they have become my favorite MAC blushes!
6. Chanel Mat Lumiere foundation- I forgot how good this foundation really is for oily skin. I applied this at noon drove over to Tampa for a rally and at 3 am before we decided to get in the hot tub my face still looked flawless, this paired with my next favorite is a match made in an oily skinned girls heaven!
7. It Cosmetics celebration powder foundation- This is what every powder foundation loose or pressed should be! Yup I actually just said that :) It gives the perfect amount of coverage without having a bit of shimmer or sheen to it. So great in the summer for oily skinned girls. I will certainly still use the Laura Mercier loose minerals in the winter but I adore this for not having the sheen that the LM minerals have when its 100 degrees outside and like 60% humidity!
8. Garnier Dark circle correcting tinted rollerball- Great product to just throw on at night or when you want to run up to the store but don't want "real" makeup on. Its super cheap too!
9. Lipgloss! Summer is all about lipgloss for me. I don't want to mess with lipstick and the last thing I want to have to worry about it a lipstick melting in my car or purse. My staples this month have been Mally's lipgloss in Mallys baby and NYX in sugar pie. 2 gorgeous colors!
Well that's it! There are a few products that I got last weekend that I'm loving but I didn't want to include them in this month favorites since I've only had them a few days. I'm sure they will be making an appearance next month.
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
- Hourglass mineral veil primer all over the face
- IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Medium buffed in with Real Techniques deluxe crease brush under the eyes and around the nose
- Makeup Forever HD foundation in the color 120 applied with the Real Techniques buffing brush
- Smashbox Halo powder in Light over foundation
- IT cosmetics bronzer from Live, Laugh, Love face disk all over the face with the IT cosmetics powder brush
- IT cosmetics vitality bronzer with the IT cosmetics fan brush as my contour
- MAC Dollymix blush on my cheeks with mally's effortless airbrush highlighter on my cheek bones
- Urban Decay original primer potion all over eyelids, browbone and lower lashline
- MAC shroom on inner half of eyelid (used a MAC 239 brush)
- Urban Decay loaded from the smoked palette on the outer half (same 239 brush)
- MAC kid in crease and a little above it
- Urban Decay blackout blended really really well in crease and slightly on the upper lash line.
- MAC femme fi and nylon mixed on browbone and nylon in the inner corner
- Mally starlight black liner in both water lines and smudged a little under the eyes with MAC carbon on top of it to set it
- Mally volumizing mascara
- Ardell 110 lashes with duo lash glue
- MAC Spice Liner
- MAC Viva Glam V lipstick
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
The colors are as follows from the left top corner to the bottom right hand corner of the palette.
- Kinky: soft matte peachy ivory shade
- Freestyle: subtle matte nude shade
- Mushroom: shimmery warm grey shade
- Back Door: matte neutral dark brown shade
- Blackout: deep matte black shade
- Barlust: shimmery deep brown shade with a hint of gold
- Rockstar: shimmery eggplant shade
- Evidence: shimmery navy blue shade
- Loaded: shimmery dark green shade
- Asphalt: shimmery gunmetal shade with microglitter
This palette also comes with one full size eyeliner in Perversion which is a really dark black; and a mini original primer potion tube. Here are some swatches- the first picture is in the shade and the second one is the sun. The list above is the order in which they are swatched on my arm.