Thursday, February 18, 2016

My Winter Foundation Favorites

As a former South Florida resident I have ALWAYS struggled with oily skin. My skin is just used to the heat and humidity, and to be honest that is ok because I am accustomed to dealing with it and I know what works on my oily skin. Now that I don’t live in Florida anymore, I have to deal with drier cooler weather coupled with actually having to run the heat in our house my skin kind of freaks out in the winter. It is dry, tight, and a little hard to deal with. My normal foundation picks just don’t work when my skin is this way so I have to use different products in order for my makeup to look good and my skin to feel normal.
All of these foundations give at least medium coverage, apply well with a dense buffing brush or a beauty blender and give my face enough glow to knock the dull dryness down some but without making me look like a disco ball or a greasy mess. The foundations listed below are in no particular order.
-Guerlain Lingerie De Peau shade 13 Ambre Pale $63
This foundation gets awesome reviews online and it is easy to see why. It applies VERY easily and actually looks like skin when applied. I can apply 1 layer and then just go back into the places that I need a tad bit more coverage on and apply a second layer without any issues on those spots. Not all foundations layer well so that is a real bonus for me. I am the lightest shade (surprise surprise!) and it matches me pretty well.
-Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation shade 113 $62
This foundation is interesting. The color when you first apply it looks slightly gray but once it sits on your skin for a few minutes it becomes a perfect match (at least on me). It is the lightest coverage of all the ones I have in my winter rotation but it layers well and can be built up to a solid medium coverage. It looks amazing on the skin and wears well without breaking up around my nose which is my problem area for most foundations. There is NO way I could wear this when it is warmer outside but for right now it is working really well.
-Diorskin Star Foundation shade 010 $50
Dior as a brand makes some really great foundation formulas. Unfortunately, all of their foundations other than this one oxidizes TERRIBLY on me which sucks because I really do love many of their formulas. Star is a little tricky to apply and my best advice is to apply it quickly. I take about a pump and a half on my fingertips and spread it all over my face. I then quickly take a damp beauty blender and blend it out. It dries pretty quickly so just work kind of fast and it is fine. It is more of a demi matte foundation without making your skin look flat or super dry. It wears for a long time and I tend to grab this when I know I will have a long day or just need my makeup to look good for more than 5-6 hours. I prefer the beauty blender over a brush for this particular foundation but you can use a brush with it if you prefer.
-Rimmel Lasting Finish in Ivory $7.99
You cannot beat this foundation, especially for the price. It is so easy to apply, has great coverage and is so comfortable on the skin. This particular foundation can even be worn on my skin when it is hot outside and I am oily without breaking down quickly on my skin. I wish they would expand the shade range a little because most of the shades that they have are pink toned which doesn’t work for that many people. If you are looking for a good foundation that looks slightly glowy but not luminous on the skin I highly recommend you try this. At $7.99 it is worth picking up.

With all of these foundations I do set them as I don’t want them moving around but if you have super dry skin you could probably get away without setting them. I am always on the search for a foundation that looks amazing on the skin yet is long lasting. What are your favorite winter time foundations and are there any out there that you think I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment